Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Must Be Crazy...

So, as some of you know, I have a wedding cake due on Saturday, May 28th.  I'm a bit freaked, but I have my schedule for the week carefully laid out and I'm feeling a bit more confident after a couple of practice runs in the last couple of weeks.

As some of you may also know, Cora's 4th birthday is the day after the wedding.  I've always done big, fancy cakes for her birthday.  This year, none of the grandparents will be in town and I have a huge project to complete the day before, so I wasn't planning on making a cake.  Well, wouldn't you know it, the kid's been laying a big guilt trip on me.  She likes to "help" with my baking and she just keeps saying, in her most pathetic voice, "I wish I could have a cake on my birthday." 

Being the overly guilt-ridden person I am, I have now promised her a cake.  A Strawberry Shortcake cake to be specific.  I am going to give myself some wiggle room and we'll have a little cake/cupcake/cake pop (me, just do a cake?  who do you think this is?) party on the day AFTER her birthday.  Thus giving me one day to recover from the wedding cake and make Cora's birthday wishes come true.  Yikes.

Stay tuned for pictures.  Hopefully, everything goes according to plan.  It's days like these I really wish I had more than one oven...and more than two hands.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Good luck! You'll do great as always, I'm sure. I can't wait to see cake pictures!