Saturday, May 14, 2011

First Communion Cake

I was asked by a colleague at work if I could make a cake for his daughter's First Communion.  Of course, I said yes.  I haven't made a cake for anything since another colleague's son's first birthday back in October.  It had definitely been awhile. 
I did some searching on the internet to come up with a design and whipped up a little 10" cake (white chocolate with raspberry filling) with some decorative accents.  I also did some cute cake pops.  I heart cake pops. 















They have a very Irish last name, thus the Celtic inspired touches.




















The cake pops:
















Just for fun, I thought I'd look back at some of the cakes I've done in the last two years or so.  I have a big wedding cake due two weeks from today and I'm nervous as heck about it.  Hopefully, looking at what I've accomplished in the past will help me feel a little more prepared to tackle what lies ahead.

This was that little boy's first birthday cake - monkey!
















And jungle cupcakes:
















This was a luau cake for Cora's school party.  That thing was mammoth and heavy.  Even the beach ball is made out of cake.





















This was a cake for a nephew's birthday last summer.  Everyone here is a huge Yankees fan, and even though it physically hurt to make this cake, I did it for the birthday boy.






























This was my first (and as of yet, only) wedding cake.  The bride picked the design and color scheme.  This time, the bride has basically given me free reign, which makes me uber-nervous.



















And this was a graduation cake two summers ago...I think I have a graduation cake coming up this summer as well.  The dates are unclear.















Ok, I'm feeling a little better about myself.  I can do this, I can do this, I can do this...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your cakes are awesome! Never heard of cake pops, but they look delicious, too!